Mark has built a wealth of knowledge in multiple sectors and industries, providing legal advice and services both nationally and globally. If you’re looking for legal assistance from a highly experienced attorney, Mark can provide assistance in the following areas:
– Business Law
– Government Contracts
– National Security Law
– Military Law
– Freedom of Information Act
As well as the services provided above, Mark also has professional interests in the following focus areas:
Entrepreneurial Business Law, Government Contracts including FAR and non-FAR contracts, Government Claims including Qui Tam Fraud Claims, Business Formation, and Development and Governance, National Security Law, Cyber Law, Military Law, and FOIA.
Additional Focus Areas:
Technology, Mediation, Research & Investigation, Defense Business Systems
Alongside his legal work, Mark also provides support to youth and nonprofit organizations, including volunteering as an advisor to Untrafficked, an organization dedicated to ending the sex trafficking of children.
Experience & Achievements:
After two decades of practice and experience, Mark has built up a wealth of experience and recognition in his field, helping to cement his professional knowledge in the legal sector:
Supervisory Partner, US Army – 2019 to 2021
Mark served as a Supervisory Partner at United States Army Futures Command, where he was responsible for advising on the creation of legal framework for the Army Modernization Enterprise – the US Army’s quest to modernize its fleet, equipment, and capabilities for future conflicts.
- Representing and providing legal advice to Army commands, representing 27,000 soldiers and civilians in over 20 locations worldnationwide.
- Leading a team of attorneys responsible for advising on the Army’s acquisition process, including FAR and non-FAR contracts, the Army’s Artificial Intelligence Task Force, the Army’s Tech Protect mission, and Federal employment law.
Senior Legal Advisor – Pentagon – 2017 to 2019
Working with the Office of The Judge Advocate General, Mark analyzed high-level government contract, fiscal, and labor decisions. During the two year tourcontract, he additionally provided legal advice to a Pentagon-led investigation into the shipment of live anthrax worldwide, receiving personal recognition by the Deputy of Secretary of Defense and the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition Logistics and Technology for his exceptional work.
- Led Division legal operations, managing a team of attorneys, executing 1K+ actions in two years on contract and fiscal law for the The Judge Advocate General (TJAG)(General Counsel), the Army Staff (COO, CFO, and other C-Suite Executives), and The Chief of Staff of the Army (CEO).
- Selected by TJAG as the legal advisor for two AFC Cross-Functional Teams – Assured Precision Navigation and Timing and the Network CFTs.
Litigation Partner & Attorney, Army Legal Services Agency – 2015 to 2017
As Litigation Partner & Attorney with the Army Legal Services Agency, Mark litigated and resolved multimillion, high-profile contract cases.
His litigation skills and in-depth knowledge of government contracts and environmental and regulatory compliance law saved the Army $40M in one settlement alone.
Partner, Command Judge Advocate, US Army – 2013 to 2015
Mark worked within the 414th Contract Support Brigade, an Army organization responsible for government contracting operations in Italy and Africa. This included managing the complex legal actions related to the Africa Continent for Operation United Assistance (OUA) to fight against the spread of Ebola.
- Developed legal framework for $25M African Limited Life Support Contract, commended by AFRICOM and SOCAF as the future of providing short-term logistical support in Africa.
- Deployed to Jordan and Qatar in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR); processed $7M in backlogged contract actions and settled $3M contract claim.
Partner, Command Judge Advocate, US Army – 2010 to 2012
Serving within the 404th Contract Support Brigade, Mark advised on government contracts throughout Europe and Africa, with 500+ actions valued at over $100M.
- Served as primary legal advisor for $50M in Acquisition Cross-Servicing Agreement Orders including direct interface with European allies.
- Advised on an $80M+ airlift support contract for AFRICOM to support contingency missions in Uganda.
Awards and Achievements from Organizations
Throughout his 20 years of service, Mark has received recognition for his achievements and practices in the legal industry from several bodies and organizations in the field, including medals and honors from the US Army:
- Meritorious Service Medal (4x) (2010, 2012, 2015, 2019)
- Army Commendation Medal (2x) (2006, 2008)
- Army Commendation Medal (2006)
- Army Achievement Medal (2x) (2005, 2017)
- German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge (GOLD) (2012)
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
Masters of Law
The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School
Class of 2013
University of Oklahoma
Class of 2003
Bachelor of Science in Business
Oklahoma State University
Class of 2000
Mark has continued his education and training throughout his legal career, focusing on areas including advanced fiscal and contract law, national security law, intelligence law, federal litigation, and federal employment law.
- Advanced Intelligence Law Course, Defense Intelligence Agency Office of General Counsel (2019)
- 15th Intelligence Law Course, The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School (2019)
- Other Transactional Authority Course, U.S. Army Picatinny Arsenal (2018)
- Government Contract and Fiscal Law New Developments Course, The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School (2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- Intermediate Level Education, U.S. Army Commanding General Staff College (2016)
- Federal Litigation Course, U.S. Army Legal Services Agency (2015)
- Top Secret Security Clearance – Current
- Texas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Missouri Bar Association
Courts Admitted to Practice
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma